30 June 2012

Blogging

So I think it is time for me to start blogging. I never really needed it before because the only people who wanted to know about my life either lived with me or got a phone call from me twice a week. Now that Mikkel and I are married and are busy though, I thought this might be a good way for family too keep up with us. And with my job I have all these snatches of time so I figure it will give me the opportunity to keep this up!

Right now Mikkel is working hard on his degree in Automotive Technology. He has class at 7:30 or 7:45 each weekday morning so for the first time since the mission he is getting to bed early! He stays very busy with classes all morning until 2, work from about 3-6, and homework for a few hours each night. He is fantastic for getting all that done!! On Fridays he is working at a shop just 20 min north of Rexburg to get some experience and to make it easier when he starts looking for prestigious internships. His ultimate goal with all of this is to have his own shop one day where he can do track tuning on amazing cars to make them even more amazing!

I'm working at a call center here in Rexburg right now. It's actually not too bad, they're really good to us here and want us to have fun when we're not on the phones. I have like a minute between calls and so I can write a sentence or two on here between them. I only have one more semester this Fall so I will be graduating this December! Woo hoo! I have been learning to cook a lot better since I have time in the evenings (yay for no homework). And since I've been out of school I've been getting to read so much, it has been wonderful! One of the guys I work with is always like "oh, a new book, eh?" because I've gone through a million of them already this summer.

Mikkel and I live for the weekends! We love sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday (the only perk of having church at 1:30 pm) and just being together. Last night we were planning on making a blanket fort for our date night but realized our chairs are too short. They're a good foot and a half I think shorter than our chairs back in San Antonio (both our mom's bought the EXACT same set of dinning room chairs...) so we ended up not doing that and making brownie fruit pizza instead! It was so yummy and the good news is we have tons of leftovers! Date nights with my husband are the best!!
My Fruit Brownie
Our Supplies
Mikkel liked the one I made him.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. I am excited to hear everything about you.

    ReplyDelete